janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Rebel - Amy Tintera
“I sort of liked the sound of bones breaking. It was like home.”

Wren is back and even more badass than ever!

I adored Wren’s character in Reboot. The once shell with only a smidge of humanity was an interesting aspect I eagerly read through. I revered watching her slowly grasp back on human emotions after finding herself falling for a low-numbered reboot named Callum. Watching her grow and develop into someone with more empathy, and still remain as a tough and unwavering heroine was exhilarating.

One of the best things I liked about Reboot was the fast pace and smooth storytelling Amy Tintera provided her readers. I expected nonetheless for Rebel. Well, that is before I reached the reboot “sanctuary” chapter, I have to admit I was kind of starting to doubt that thought. When I did finally reach Micah’s territory, things quickly picked up from there. Only then was I assured that Amy Tintera would definitely be delivering one epic story.

If you loved Wren’s fighting energy as I did, wait till you see Callum! My goodness! I didn’t expect him to be just as badass as Wren. Although he remains his non-killing morals, and he may be a bit of a goody-two shoes, I love that he has learned to fight back and defend what he believes is right.

I was already sold on Wren and Callum’s characters, not to mention the cuteness of their love story, but there were a lot of interesting new characters introduced in this book. Readers get to meet a set of noteworthy characters, humans and reboots, in Wren and Callum’s lives, past and present.

Only while reading Rebel did I discover that this was a duology. I may have expected a third book when I started Reboot so I winced over that idea at first, but Amy Tintera was able to write two books with solid stories. The first book covered a well in depth world building and characterization combined with gripping action scenes and a blooming romance, and the second book was not far off. Both books were closely connected and provided a steady and balanced story execution that I think readers would appreciate. Rebel was a praise-worthy finale that brought closure and a happy ending. Plus, it’s not often I encounter duologies, and a good one at that.

*Thank you, HarperCollins and Edelweiss for granting my request to view Rebel.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com
Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/06/rebel-by-amy-tintera-arc-review.html