janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Scorched - Mari Mancusi
"I guess it's just a place - filled with empty promises and broken dreams."

It was conflicting. Really. I would say that Mari Mancusi’s Scorched showed such promise behind the Terminator-meets-Eragon plot twist, but the execution just didn’t come together. Almost everything was a cliché.

Trinity, our protagonist, was the “unbeliever” who turns into the master of a very powerful dragon. And to help her out on this quest is not one, but two, good looking guys. To make it a lot more interesting – they are twins. Imagine that. Yes sarcasm intended.

I would have been okay with that, if only she didn’t pine over BOTH of them! She instantly falls for one, then falls for the other too. And to make it even more interesting (once again) they both fall in love with her. Seriously? How convenient? Insta-love really does not work that much anymore.

Another factor I believed that made this disappointing was the pacing. At first, it was intriguing and then a booming action-escape scene… then it was suddenly boring. It took a while to get to anything interesting once they got to the Dracken HQ.

I really do think that this would have been an amazing story. This had all the elements to make it something big. Story-wise it would have been an incredibly action packed and “blow your mind” possible twists. Villain-wise – the Dracken Head did show evil plots, and that one was about one of the few things that worked out well for me. It’s just sad that I couldn’t say the same thing for the protagonists. I mean, the twins were an interesting factor, but the way they executed their characters along with Trinity’s was uninteresting and lacked spark. Romance would have been okay, I love a good romance in any story, but this was just boring and hard to believe. I’m honestly hoping this would turn out better with the next books to come.

*Thank you, Sourcebooks Fire and NetGalley for allowing me to view Scorched.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com
Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/06/scorched-by-mari-mancusi-arc-review.html