janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Stolen Songbird - Danielle L. Jensen

“They aren’t ugly… More like beautiful things that have had the misfortune of being broken.”

Such a gorgeously done romance!

Stolen Songbird kind of reminds me of Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. Both having high-spirited protagonists forced to marry these wicked yet drool-worthy young men that although you despise, you also kind of can’t help but root for. Oh, come on! Don’t give me that look; I’m not the only one with a “drawn to bad boys” complex. Admit it!

Anyway, although Cruel Beauty tends to be a lot faster when it comes to pacing, and Stolen Songbird has given readers a more tedious lengthy story flow, I felt I liked the latter better. Stolen Songbird was able to give me a better view on the magical aspect of the story. As long as the chapters may have been, it was also informative, something I felt that I didn’t get enough of from Cruel Beauty. The pacing may have been slow but it was very well written that I hardly noticed how many pages I’ve already gone through.

I adored Cecile and Tristan. They were equally interesting in terms of being an individual character and as a couple. Oh, how I gushed over the development of their love story. I was delighted to see a romance that didn’t start off with a “love at first sight” innuendo.

I am yet again, a little lost with the other characters in this book, which is always my problem with books that have a number of characters. Some have names that are quite a mouthful. And they are all seemed to be a little crazy, but I like them that way. They add in an interesting mix to the story.

The mystery of the trolls and their history has yet to unfold but the lot of stories and speculations over what really happened is a riveting part that I couldn’t stop pondering over.

The trek through Stolen Songbird may have been long and descriptive, but trust me when I say the wait on how things unravel in the end was worthwhile.

*Thank you, Strange Chemistry, Angry Robot Ltd. and NetGalley for allowing me to view Stolen Songbird.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/03/stolen-songbird-by-danielle-l-jensen.html