janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Cress - Marissa Meyer

“That all sounds very dire… I guess it’s time.”

Possibly the best book sequel I’ve read this year! Okay so maybe that presumption’s too much considering it’s only February of 2014, but still I am in high spirits! This book has put me in such a good mood before, during and after I read it. Now just thinking about the events in the book, and most especially moments with Captain Thorne in them, instantly puts a smile on my face.

We’ve read about Cinder, which is the retelling of Cinderella. We’ve gushed over Scarlet, the retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. This time, we get to read about Cress, and this time it’s a retelling of Rapunzel. Now don’t be fooled over the title of this book. Our protags from Cinder and Scarlet are still making their appearances here, but Cress takes just as much of the story. I was so excited to see the character’s I’ve come to love over the previous books continue on with their journey. And it was a BLAST!

Scarlet and Wolf have been the most adorable couple I’ve read about last year and their sweet little moments here in Cress were just as cute! It sure pained me to see Wolf in the state he was left in (oh, my poor, poor Wolf) but I’m positive this would turn out well in the end.

If I was amused after meeting Thorne in Scarlet, I relished every moment of having him here in Cress! He may not be your typical prince-charming-to-the-rescue type of guy (although he is quite charming) and not exactly a chivalrous hero but he couldn’t have been any more PERFECT! He may be a thief, he may be a ladies’ man, he may be a real trickster, but he is one awesome character you can depend on! And I’m really excited to see how his relationship with Cress would further develop.

Now what’s been happening with our main heroine and her absentee beau, you may ask? Well, let me just say that Prince Kaito’s appearance after his long, long absence from Cinder during her journey in books two and three were so worth the wait! Mad swooning commences once he and Cinder saw each other. It might have been a little awkward, but swoon-worthy all the same!

I have nothing but praises for this book. I loved Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles since book one. The sci-fi (maybe a little steampunk-ish?) spin to the classic fairy tales was not just a brilliant idea – but combined with Ms. Meyer’s mad writing and plot twisting skills made these books one hell of a remarkable reimagining. I love the consistency she has delivered all throughout the three books that have been already published. I can’t imagine how awesome it would be once fans get to read Winter, the fourth book of the series, which would be out by 2015 [everyone can join me while I sob and scream: “Noooo! That’s too long a wait!” I know you agree, don’t lie]. I know that’s a lot of pressure to put on the author’s shoulders and I shouldn’t keep my hopes up that much, but I have a good feeling about this one.

I am rather curious about the last chapter in Cress where Winter makes a very mysterious appearance. She’s a little creepy and… well, crazy; but I’m looking forward to reading about her!

This is really such an awesome sequel!

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/02/cress-by-marissa-meyer-review.html