janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
SPOILER ALERT!
The Break-Up Artist - Philip Siegel

“Once people get into relationships, friends and rational thought get tossed aside.”

Being an avid reader, there would come a time that all your favorite genres won’t do it for you. At this point, it means you need a break from the norm. I was in a bad case of this when I stumbled upon The Break-Up Artist. I was so blatantly in a reading slump! With the kind of light, easy story that The Break-Up Artist offered, thank goodness it got me out of it.

I had a sense of déjà vu during the beginning of the book. It reminded me so much of Lindsay Lohan’s movie Mean Girls. I watched it with a few of my cousins back in high school because, well… you guessed it: we were bored and had nothing better to do. While it may not have been a stirring story, it was entertaining at the most.

Anyway, The Break-Up Artist has a relatively similar story. Only this time Becca’s revenge plot, although focuses on a particular then-friend, works on more than just one couple to break up.

At first I thought Becca was just another single girl bitter over the fact that she’s not part of the “couple crowd.” A crowd to which this high school world deems as the “popular group.” Sounds pretty petty to work on a story, yes? That’s what I thought so too… until I reached deeper into it that I realized her agenda may have been wrong but her job did have its perks. And it would’ve gone better if she didn’t get her love advices and ideas from the wrong person.

Becca’s character isn’t one you would consider a lovable protagonist. You might even come to a point that you’d dislike her. But one thing I found admirable about her is that she had a well laid out character development, putting into perspective how short this book was.

This is a story of friendship, family and love situated in a way that brought about a sweet realization for our main character than she needed to go through a downfall for the betterment of herself.

And guess what? [SPOILER ALERT] she doesn’t get the guy… in a good way.

*Thank you, HarperTeen and NetGalley for allowing me to view The Break-Up Artist.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-break-up-artist-by-philip-siegel.html