janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
The Shadow Prince  - Bree Despain

“I don’t know what the future holds. I don’t know how or if we’ll get through this. But for the first time in my life, my destiny is in my own hands.”

When I read the synopsis, I was drawn to the reimagining of the mythological story of Hades and Persephone, and yet I was sceptical about reading The Shadow Prince. I’ve read Bree Despain’s The Dark Divine, I knew it was a part of a series and reading that first book, I knew I wouldn’t be reading the next ones. I just didn’t like it. It wasn’t my kind of story – but The Shadow Prince is! Mythology and retellings? That’s hard to say no to. Well, color me surprised. This turned out pretty good!

I can’t say that Daphne upheld stunning characteristics other than her advanced musical talent. She didn’t strike me to be an epic protagonist, but well enough to keep me interested. Haden, on the other hand, was awesome! Never mind that he turned out a bit stoic and emo (sometimes), I realized his ignorance over women and all things human once I got to the part where he revealed that there were no females being born in the Underrealm. Well, no wonder you were clueless boy. What I was awed most about Haden was his abilities. Wouldn’t it be cool to learn anything and everything just by watching how they are done once and get to do it like you’ve been working on the skill for years?

In spite of the instant romance between our protagonists, Haden and Daphne, there was a sense of development in their relationship. There were transitions of time that showed that these two had spent time that got them to know each other better before they delved into their feelings.

Into the Dark is series that promises a fascinating twist on mythology, and a witty catch on perceiving the connection between mythical gods and religion. I love the approach that Ms. Despain had created with the idea of “selling your soul to the devil.” That was clever – very clever, indeed. I began to see this author’s writing in a different aspect. And I’m pleased to say I enjoyed it.

*Thank you, Egmont and Netgalley for the copy of The Shadow Prince.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-shadow-prince-by-bree-despain-arc.html