janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
SPOILER ALERT!
Allegiant  - Veronica Roth

“I fell in love with him. But I don’t just stay with him by default as if there’s no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other, I choose him over and over again... and he chooses me.”

That sweet little piece from Allegiant is probably the only thing I found to my liking when I read this book. I’ve been procrastinating about writing a review for this because I thought maybe I’d change my mind about how I feel. Meh! It only made me more disappointed than I already was.

I have been tense throughout reading this. Aside from the constant angry comments and text messages I’ve been receiving from Maria @ Reading is the Ultimate Aphrodisiac (we were buddy reading), there was this gut feeling that all of this was going to end bad.

I like Tris here, she’s the brave girl I once saw in Divergent and not the annoying b*tch she has become in Insurgent. I love the moments with Tobias; his sweetness and selflessness, and all the gushy moments with Tris. Too bad I couldn’t find it in me to savour them. He suddenly turns into someone I don’t even recognize. He used to be a consistent character during the previous books and then I see him with so much negativity. This is not the Four I used to know. Is this a plot to make Tris a more endearing character that would make her sacrifice a lot more dramatic and justified? It didn’t work, just so you know.

It took me quite a while to absorb everything. At first, I felt so detached from the story. I don’t know if maybe I’m looking at Allegiant with fresh eyes or lost ones. I had issues with almost every decision the characters made. I should mention, by the way, that I really had problems with the amount of characters in this book – it’s a struggle to keep up.

In the end, to be honest, I just felt cheated. I read Divergent with such optimism, and when I finished Insurgent, even though I didn’t find it as grand as Divergent, I felt there was something rather deep going on with this trilogy. Allegiant just made me realize that reading Insurgent was a complete waste of time. It felt pointless. And Allegiant itself was shallow and overrated.

It was a truly tragic ending. It was sad and heartbreaking. I expected to be pissed but I’m not as angry as I thought I would be. But it did leave me questioning; was it a necessary kind of sacrifice to make? Tris has proven herself enough as a selfless brave heroine, her fate just turned out to be a travesty other than being an embodiment of virtue and morality. Mostly it felt strained.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/02/allegiant-by-veronica-roth-review.html