janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Grimm Fairy Tales: Realm Knights - 'Joe Brusha',  'Pat Shand'

Curiouser and curiouser. These Grimm Fairy Tales are growing on me... well, mostly the ones that Patrick Shand wrote. I tried the other Grimm Fairy Tales from a different author but I just got lost and confused over what was going on.

Anyway, so here we meet the Realm Knights. They are kind of like the fairy tale and mythology counterparts of the Justice League and Avengers. Pretty cool, huh?

The artwork, as always, is commendable. I love the outfits, albeit a little revealing.

I love the wittiness of the characters, although it’s kind of hard to identify the kind of personality each one has. The one thing that I seem to have noticed from them is that they all had different agendas toward joining this organization. And yet, all the more reason for me to read the rest of their individual stories. I’ve only read Robyn Hood’s story, and it makes me curious to see how she and Red Riding Hood actually met, and what history has been formed there.

Aside from their own adventures, I’m also excited to see what comes next for these knights. After all, they are the protectors of the Realm and we all know there isn’t only one villain in every story.

*Thank you, NetGalley and Zenescope for the copy of Grimm Fairy Tales: Realm Knights.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/01/grimm-fairy-tales-realm-knights-by.html