janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Racing Savannah - Miranda Kenneally

“It doesn’t matter where you dance. It’s only who you’re with.”

Racing Savannah is a sweet, light, not-overly-dramatic romance story. Savannah and Jack have the issues of a common couple facing the difficulties of economic status and social standing differences. One is underprivileged and trying to get by as best as they could, the other a rich kid being moulded to be a fitting heir to the family business.

To be honest, there is nothing much to say about this book. It is the kind of story that you read to take a break from heavily set plotlines of other books you are usually reading. It is also the kind of story that you read if you are in the mood for a bit of light reading. It’s quick and yet it is pleasant.

I’m a little confused over this bit though: The Goodwin family estate’s staff always keeps telling Savannah to stay off the main house because Mr. Goodwin doesn’t approve of such, but I keep seeing Savannah casually stepping in without any fuss. And the Goodwin’s are genuinely nice people. Is that the message? Then why say so when it doesn’t even apply? I mean, the staff could just make the rule itself or say they feel embarrassed about overstepping their boundaries with being employed to such a nice family, and not have to use the good name of Mr. Goodwin over such rules. (I’m rambling, so I’m probably not making sense, apologies. LOL)

I’ve said this over my other reviews of the books from the Hundred Oaks collection but again, the glimpses of the protagonists from the previous books are a sight I am always happy to catch. It’s nice to see that the stories are moving forward to the next generation. I like looking back and feeling nostalgic over how the other characters are moving on and having futures with their chosen partners.

Generally, one of the things I like most about Miranda Kenneally’s books is the sense of security in the relationship between the protagonists. They can be friends with the opposite sex and hang around without malice. It’s nice to see that the deep development of the friendship doesn’t go off with the drama of becoming a third party threatening the blooming romance. You know, since oftentimes authors would steer things that way.

I have to admit that even though I found this enjoyable, it didn’t have the kind of touching impact I felt with the other books from the Hundred Oaks, specifically Stealing Parker which was my favorite.

*Thank you, NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire for the copy of Racing Savannah.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2014/01/racing-savannah-by-miranda-kenneally.html