janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
SPOILER ALERT!
Never Fade - Alexandra Bracken

Be wary, this would contain spoilers from the events that occurred in the first book, The Darkest Minds.

“I love you... I love you every second of every day, and I don’t understand why, or how to make it stop–”

In the events that follow The Darkest Minds, readers find Ruby in Never Fade as a member of the Children’s League, one of the groups she has been desperately trying to run away from after escaping the camp.  Narrowly dodging being captured and brought back to the camps after finding the Slip Kid, Clancy, then getting separated from her friends, and having to deal with Liam so the League would leave him at peace, Ruby is just trying to keep it together... long enough for her to get the chance to escape and to hopefully find her friends. But having one of the most powerful abilities among the gifted kids, she is assigned “Leader” to her specific group, and one mission puts a halt to her plans and changes everything...

I was stunned to find Ruby in such a different state of character from how I met her.  The once scared and despondent girl from The Darkest Minds has turned into one badass chic. Although she still has that fear over being corrupted by her powers, she is a lot more confident than before. I like the change. It goes to show how much she had to grow up to survive at such desperate times.

I may love the grace of independence I witnessed grow into her character, but I was still longing to see Ruby reunited with Liam. The result of the reunion? So. Many. FEELS!!! It was messy, confusing and gushy, and although heartbreaking, was also swoon-worthy all at the same time!

I was happy to see characters from the first book make a recurring appearance. Although there was one in particular whom I wish I would never set my sights on again. Yes, Clancy I’m talking about you! You worthless piece of sh– *takes deep breath* never mind. As interesting as seeing Chubs, Cate, Liam and the others return, there are also new characters added to the mix, like Vida, Jude *sniff*, and... wait for it – Liam’s brother Cole. There is a lot to say about that, but I’ll leave you to figure that out.

As if the problem occurring with the country having children with abilities being sent [and locked up] at camps isn’t enough for our protagonist to deal with, the League has problems all on its own. There are times that it’s hard to figure out who the bad guys really are. Although I like that there is more than one villain here, and that they come from different areas and with different agendas. I have to admit, it’s a lot to take in. Everything is pretty much as crazy as it can get – and then that ending... Oh my goodness! Damn that ending! I can’t even...

I am left surprised and in awe once again by Alexandra Bracken’s writing and storytelling style. Just when I thought I was already blasted with a heart stopping adventure from the first book, turns out it happens to be just a peak of what’s to come in the succeeding books from this series. I am eagerly waiting to read book three!

*Thank you, NetGalley and Disney-Hyperion for the copy of Never Fade.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:

The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com

Source: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/2013/10/never-fade-by-alexandra-bracken-arc.html