janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green Oh yes, leave it to me to be one of those left behind who haven’t read The Fault in Our Stars. I’m sorry. In my defense, I am not keen over reading realistic fiction. I feel like I’ve already had my fair share of reality that books should be otherwise more ethereal. But there are also times that I need a break from the fantasy world and so, here came the opportunity to read something different...

I’m going to keep this short since I’m sure a lot of you have gone through the tons of reviews that this book has received.

I was surprised about the normalcy I found in Hazel. For someone who was diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer, she comes out as just any typical teenager (except for the oxygen tank and all, of course). She’s witty and spunky. Cleary, not what I expected. Some would imagine that people with cancer or any form of life-threatening diseases are likely to be sad and depressed, but Augustus and Hazel show otherwise. And I’m glad about that.

It was a big mistake to read this book in public. You see, my fiancé’s younger sister had a fashion show, which we promised to watch, the day I was halfway through with the reading The Fault in Our Stars. Being so engrossed in the story, I couldn’t put it down. So while waiting for the show to start, I decided to read through. When I reached the heart wrenching scenes of Augustus, boy was I in an embarrassing state. I kept stopping and tearing my eyes off the book every few paragraphs just so I could keep the tears at bay. My fiancé just kept smirking and shaking his head every time he looked at me (the dude got so used to me crying over a book that he finds it normal... wow! Thanks a lot.)

The Fault in Our Stars is the very first John Green book that I have ever read. And I’m happy to say that I am definitely reading his other books after this one! It’s no question why The Fault in Our Stars has captured the hearts of so many readers. The story may be simple but a very thoughtful one at that. [SPOILER AHEAD!] How ironic is it that the John Green ended the book the way Van Houten, the author of AIA (can’t say what that is since it’s a key element in the story), ended his own book in the story?

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com