janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Dark Triumph  - R.L. LaFevers “Hate cannot be fought with hate. Evil cannot be conquered by darkness. Only love has the power to conquer them both.”

What a book! I came to love Grave Mercy, the first book from His Fair Assassins series, the moment got through chapter one. I loved the lore, the writing and most especially the characters. Since then, I couldn’t help thinking about getting to know them even more.

While Grave Mercy was focused on Ismae’s life and how she came to be a handmaiden of death, Dark Triumph shows Sybella’s story. If I thought Ismae’s situation was dire when she took refuge with the Convent of St. Mortain, Sybella’s case was incomparable. Oh, how cruel life has been for this young lady. If I wanted to hug Ismae back when I was reading about her, I want to smother Sybella with all the love for all that she has been through.

As much as I loved Ismae’s story, Sybella’s, at some degree, was far more adventurous, albeit dangerous, than Ismae’s. I felt more and more empathic with Sybella as I progressed through reading Dark Triumph. The poor girl, she was despised for her lineage in spite of all her sacrifices.

Ismae had a very interesting romance development, and although Sybella had a rather different approach [considering she has a Beast for a romantic interest], it was still as stimulating and as anticipating as Ismae and Duval’s relationship. I have to say, I didn’t realize Beast was ugly. I always thought that he was called as such because of his reputation on the battlefield, and because of his monstrous size. But I never thought to consider how he looked like. Nevertheless, he was a suitable match for our dear Sybella.

I was so happy to see that Sybella finally found a piece of something she has clearly hoped to have. The kind of longing and hope she has been clinging to her whole life, and after all the hardships she faced, she deserved some peace and happiness for once.

I absolutely adore the message of this book. I love that each book from this series shows how the handmaidens of death come to realize the true purpose of their existence and what mission they must carry out. This was simply beautiful.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com