janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
A Shade of Vampire (A Shade Of Vampire, #1) - Bella Forrest “No. In my eyes, she was most beautiful because at a time when she had every right to be terrified, she managed to show comfort to another person who needed it.”

When a book is labeled “vampire” my immediate reaction would oftentimes be to set it aside… Really after all the Twilight-hype, vampire books just got a little nauseating to hear. So when I was invited to read A Shade of Vampire, I was skeptical to accept. But there was this nagging feeling that had me agreeing to read it in the end.

Well, color me surprised! This paranormal story was unexpectedly enjoyable. Although it may have its fair share of clichés [which is can be unavoidable sometimes], the plot has this kind of pull that makes you want to keep reading.

Much as I hate to admit [because I don’t like when girls say they’re not pretty enough and all that nonsense], I came to admire Sofia. She’s not one of those girls, who have unnerving attractions to untrustworthy vampires, which I think means they have death wishes or something. For once we have a smart enough protagonist to not fall for that “love at first sight (even if he’s a vampire)” kind of crap – hallelujah!

But even though I’m a little dejected over this romance formula, Derek isn’t exactly that much of a bad guy. Oh, he’s deadly alright, he – and pretty much everyone else – knows it. But I had this steadfast sense of curiosity over Derek’s character: A righteous vampire? Oh, this was definitely going to be worth looking into. And yes… I just loved the history and development of his character.

I love that although A Shade of Vampire was short, the time span and pacing was comprehensible and precise considering it consumed only a few pages. In spite of the page count, Bella Forrest was able to conjure event progression that doesn’t seem rushed and/or forced. This is such a rare treat! I will, without doubt, be looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.

* Thank you Ms. Bella Forrest for providing a review copy of A Shade of Vampire.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com