janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
The Lost Girl - Sangu Mandanna “Amarra used to read books about battles. Great heroic battles. Swords and shields and knights and honor. Battles like that don't happen anymore, yet I feel like I am caught in one. Once I may have hoped to fight for my life with all those things: swords and shields and knights and honor. But I don't have a sword. My shield is broken. I don't know what is and isn't honorable anymore. And now I've sent my knight away.”

I was wary about reading this book when I first saw it. It didn’t seem like something I would enjoy considering the plot wasn’t like the ones I’m accustomed to reading. And yet, surprise, surprise! I was an emotional wreck after reading The Lost Girl. Never thought I’d find myself clinging to a paranormal story this much!

While I have read stories where characters have the ability to jump their souls from one body to another, it was uncommon to find one such as The Lost Girl, where clones are weaved to replace their dead human counterparts. These clones are called Echoes.

Eva didn’t strike me as an astonishing character at first. I didn’t see anything special about her, not until much later when she came to replace Amarra. I think that was one of the hardest lives I had to read through emotionally. It’s not enough that teens have to struggle to fit in anywhere, but being and Echo too… well, that was just heartbreaking.

For that, I believe it is no question why I love Sean, and why I hate Ray. Ray’s grief for Amarra does not give justice to the way he treated Eva. Sean, on the other hand, proved to be a man worthy of Eva. The kind of sacrifice he would make just for her to have a life… even if it involved having to cut himself out of it. True love, I should say.

Reading The Lost Girl made me realize, with the rapid development of today’s vast technological creations, it’s not hard to imagine the possibility of human cloning to exist. It may be far, far into the future but not impossible, yes? So what would life be like if this did happen? How would we react if this happened to be the world we live in now? How would we treat our clones? Would we disregard life much like Ray and his group of friends did over an Echo without further understanding of them and simply rely on hearsay just because it’s far from the norm? Or would we be those few who would see these beings’ lives to be just as valuable as our own?

Normally, the kind of pacing and storyline this book has is something I would turn away from. But the Sangu Mandanna’s writing style is very lyrical and transfixing that it got me hooked since the first chapter. The Lost Girl is a well-woven tale that teaches readers how priceless lives are.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com