janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill “The truth is, the world is a f*cked up place sometimes.”

This book is pretty much as effed up [in a good way] as well. Wow! I am still overwhelmed. Let me get my bearings here... *breathes in deeply*

All Our Yesterday is a time-travel story told in the eyes of Em and Marina. Em is from the future. She travels back in time, with Finn, to save the world from the catastrophic environment it has ended up at. Marina is a girl from the present time that Em and Finn have traveled back to. This is probably one of the trickiest kinds of alternating points-of-view I have read. But damn, was it awesome!

I have to admit that the first 20% of the book was confusing. Information overload! There were so many things I had to sink my brain into: who Em and Finn were, who is this doctor and why is he torturing Em, what secret does Em hold that makes him so intent on getting it, what does Marina and James have to do with what was going on in the future, what/who the heck is Cassandra? I am telling you, it was a lot to take in. I was constantly asking myself, “What the hell is going on?” It was that crazy, and I always like books that get me into deep thinking. So as puzzling as it was, I could not stop myself from reading through.

It wasn’t that hard to guess what roles these characters were partaking. As soon as I figured out who Abbott was, it sailed smoothly throughout then. Em and Marina’s stories were definitely something I did not expect to be thrown into. I liked Em, but I didn’t like Marina [there’s a lot to say about my statement here, but I have to leave it at that or I’ll end up spoiling this fantastic twist]. James was a bewildering character. He was a villain and a hero rolled up in one person, and although the ending of this book got me blurting out, “Good riddance.” I can’t find it in my heart to loathe him entirely.

For the record, I haven’t gotten along with the time-travel books I’ve read previously. I’m not saying they were bad, but for some reason I’ve always felt disconnected to the story – until now. All Our Yesterdays proves a lot on my idea that the other time-travel books I’ve read are missing something definite [or at least something that I’m looking for] – strong substance and emotional attachment.

The events of All Our Yesterdays may have created a crazy and confusing timeline, but it was an incredibly satisfying story overall. I was sobbing like an idiot during the climax and although the ending was heart-wrenching, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

*Thank you, NetGalley and Bloomsbury Childrens for the copy of All Our Yesterdays.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com