janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Reboot  - Amy Tintera “Humans had a brightness to them, a glow that only death extinguished.”

This is a zombie book…but not at all what it may seem. As all zombie stories begin, it starts with a virus. This virus turns humans, not into brain-eating undead creatures, but into the ultimate weapons of destruction they call reboots. They are killing machines, and they are the perfect set of soldiers to do our bidding. That sounds just as awesome as how Rebo0t turned out to be.

In the world of our protagonist, Wren, once the virus takes place in a human’s body, your time is right about up. But once you die, you come back to, uhm, well not life, but human bodies become reanimated. The longer you stay dead, the stronger of a reboot you become. Now, reboots pretty much look like your average human, the only difference is (aside from the undead factor) they’re faster, stronger and are able to heal themselves in a manner of seconds that no ordinary human is capable of. Our small but terrible heroine took 178 minutes before she woke up from death, making her one of the most lethal reboots to have existed. But here’s the catch, the greater the number, the less a reboot is likely to possess human emotion.

I like Wren, as much of a shell she has become, there still is a spark of humanity within her. That spark of humanity flared up once Callum came into picture. I guess that’s why I also found Callum to my liking, even though he can be quite a handful. I like how he brings alive the human part of her that she has long since seemed to have forgotten. The unwavering confidence and kick-ass persona of Wren was balanced out by the kind of vulnerability Callum was able to depict in her. Although their love story wasn’t particularly all-gushy, it was sweet; just the right mix to make the story more interesting.

Reboot is by far one of the few 2013 Debut Author Novels I’ve read that I really breezed through. It has a very gripping plot, an awesome set of characters, is fast-paced, and action-packed, not to mention Amy Tintera has a great writing style that makes for a trouble-free reading experience. Way to make a debut, girl! This new author is definitely one to watch out for. I am already psyched up to read book two, and probably even the next books to come from Amy Tintera.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com