janusvielle

The Blair Book Project

Hello! I'm Janus. I am a 3D Graphics Artist by profession, and a proud Book Addict - i mean Enthusiast, and Blogger. I'm very much into Young Adult and Fantasy genre but I open myself to reading other genres from time to time. I run a blog launched as The Blair Book Project on Blogger, where I post entries such as my book reviews and other book related articles. I obviously got the name of this blog for the movie "The Blair Witch Project," why the name you may ask? I have no idea! I just thought it had a good ring to it. Ha! Ha! I post reviews twice a week and I regularly participate in book memes and features that readers and blogger all over the globe share their book interests (i.e. In My Malibox, Top Ten Tuesdays, etc). I have 230 GFC Followers. My blog has over 37,000 pageviews history and have roughly 200 page views per day. I have written over 267 reviews since my span of blogging. I am also an avid Instagram user, with over 350 followers, where I post pictures mostly of books I'm currently reading, books I got for review, galleys, purchased from bookstores, etc. (Statistics as of March 2013). My book reviews are not exactly "reviews" in a sense because I simply just type down what I feel about the book. What I write is solely my opinion and should not be taken as a definite basis of how the book is to be judged entirely. We all have different likes and dislikes so please do understand that although I'm very optimistic about the books I read, there will be negative comments towards those that I don't find suiting for my taste. BLOG URL: http://theblairbookproject.blogspot.com/ GOODREADS ACCOUNT: http://goodreads.com/janusvielle AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AFAGLA0UYBOMH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56 INSTAGRAM: @janusvielle

Uncommon Criminals
Ally Carter
Dance of Shadows
Yelena Black
Ink
Amanda Sun
Lola and the Boy Next Door  - Stephanie Perkins “Just because something isn't practical doesn't mean it's not worth creating. Sometimes beauty and real-life magic are enough.”

I was so glad I read this book throughout a weekend where Monday was a holiday, else I’d have to force myself to stop and get some sleep, and yet it would be one of those nights where I’d end up tossing and turning thinking about the book until the wee hours of the morning. And in the process of getting myself off the bed and preparing to go to work, I’d be mumbling to myself that I should have just stayed up all night finishing the book since I didn’t get much sleep anyway. Yup, perfect timing.

Lola and the Boy Next Door is one of those books that I enjoyed more because of the minor characters rather than the main protagonists. Don’t get me wrong, I like Lola and Cricket, but I just adore Lola’s Dads, I really have a soft spot for fathers, straight or gay. Nathan and Andy made reading through this book really fun. I love how protective they were towards Lola, much to her aggravation.

Plus Etienne and Anna being here added more entertainment to the story. I love how they are more relaxed and affectionate now since all the drama from Anna and the French Kiss has long passed on. Did I mention how witty Etienne St. Clair was? Seriously, he made things all the more interesting!

Lola’s passion with her costumes is admirable considering she’s at the age where everything seems so confusing, and these are the times where you’d want to find a click of friends where you would belong and truly feel wanted. It is also at that age where quirky little things about you would be seen as weird and made fun of. So I was really proud to see Lola staying true to what she believes in and does what she wants even though some people tend to tease her about it.

Cricket is a nice guy, maybe even too good for his own sake, but I like how supportive he was with Lola, and he is such a sweet guy. But he’s just not my type. I like my guys rough and rogue-ish. Cricket’s metro-sexual demeanor is just not the type of guy I’d be drooling over. Still, I’m happy for him and Lola.

Lola and the Boy Next Door may not be the kind of love story I’m attuned to, but there is definitely more to this book than just that. I think the highlight I saw in this book was the lesson of embracing who you are and what you love. Being passionate about something can truly take you places if you add dedication and resolve to the mix.

For more of my reviews, please visit my blog:
The Blair Book Project @ www.theblairbookproject.blogspot.com